The Worldwide Foundation for Credit Unions (WF) is the official gift-receiving and grantmaking arm of the World Council of Credit Unions (WOCCU). Contributions allow WOCCU to champion the credit union difference, connect the global credit union community and equip people with access to high quality and affordable financial services. Currently, funds raised by the Foundation specifically support WOCCU’s credit union development activities, the Global Women’s Leadership Network, the International Partnerships Program, and disaster relief efforts to rebuild credit unions.
Evaluate, develop, and execute fundraising strategies to maximize revenue opportunities for the World Council of Credit Unions and value for donors by attracting, maintaining, and sustaining gifts for special programs and events, new initiatives and campaigns, and general operating support. Perform prospect identification, cultivation, solicitation, stewardship and closing of major gifts from credit unions, vendors, individuals, and non-traditional supporters.
- Identifies potential supporters and works with executive director, board of directors, and fundraising committee to initiate, cultivate, and steward relationships with credit unions, vendors, and individual donors and donor prospects.
- Develops and oversees implementation of strategies for major gift prospect cultivation and solicitation.
- Develops and manages creative fundraising campaigns to increase number of supporters, diversify donor base, and increase revenue.
- Through in-person contact, interacts directly with supporters to discuss and ask for major financial commitment.
- Leads cross-departmental collaboration efforts to develop and produce compelling content for fundraising summaries and campaign materials.
- Compose stories, articles, remarks, and presentations targeted to major donors and prospects.
- Create and manage opportunities for donor engagement, appreciation, and participation in World Council programs.
- Works across departments on co-sponsorship requests and ensure solicitations are coordinated when approaching same donor.
- Monitors development trends and recommends new fundraising initiatives.
- Meets annual fundraising goals.
Education and Experience: At least five to seven years of progressively responsible experience in fundraising and fund-development. Proven success identifying and securing major gifts ($10K+), developing communications and presentations for a wide range of stakeholders, event management, and supporting programs to advance communities. Bachelor’s Degree required or equivalent education and work experience. Spanish or Portuguese speaking a plus.
Language Skills: Advanced language skills. Ability to read and interpret documents, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence. Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or employees of organization. Ability to translate complex technical concepts into language easily comprehensible to diverse audiences. Proficient in English, Fluency (written and verbal) in Spanish or Portuguese a plus.
Computer Skills: Proficient in Word, Excel and Outlook. Type 60 words per minute. Proficiency with database software and contact management systems.
CERTIFICATES AND LICENSES: None
SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITIES: This position has no supervisory responsibilities.
TRAVEL: Must be willing to travel 40+ days per calendar year; domestic and international.
Learn more about the benefits offered at World Council by clicking on the images above!